Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Special Pleasure

I'm taking a movement class with Natasha and it is brutal. I've progressed a lot, but it's hard. The first week Natasha said, "The first week you will hurt. The second week you will really hurt. The third week you will go numb." I'm happy to report that I'm in week three and I have not gone numb. In fact it still hurts. The best part is that whenever we are in an intense stretching position twisted into some sort of human pretzel Natasha will ask, "Can you feel the special pleasure?" Apparently she likes calling pain "special pleasure". She's crazy.

Today I successfully went into a bridge pose from standing and then returned to a standing position. I then failed at flipping from a bridge to a downward-dog (though I succeeded in going from the dog to the bridge). My cartwheel is getting quite good on my right side and today we practiced doing it one-handed. It went pretty well.


Me, Natasha, and Matvei

2 comments:

  1. Critter! I wish I could come watch you in that class. I remember watching you through the window at your modern dance class at BYU. That was fun. Maybe you can just show me those poses in the front yard. That's what I' hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you would be awesome at Wii Fit Plus.

    ReplyDelete