Monday, July 5, 2010

Stanislavsky Summer School

For the next five weeks I will be participating in a professional actor training program called the Stanislavsky Summer School in Cambridge, MA. It is run by the Moscow Art Theatre School and faculty are actually Russians from the MXAT. How awesome is that! The focus of the program is how theatre is done in Russia today and how the works of such greats as Stanislavsky, Chekhov (both Anton and Michael), Meyerhold, and others have influenced Russian theatre and world theatre. The summer school also shares faculty with the American Repertory Theatre/Moscow Art Theatre School Institute for Advanced Theatre Training at Harvard University. This is an MFA program I applied for this February and hopefully attendance at their summer program will help me get into the MFA program. In was, in fact, based off of my audition for them that they invited me to participate in this summer program. Over the next few weeks I will keep you all updated on how things are going and what I am learning. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, interesting to read.
    Also, useful to know - not for me but for my son

    ReplyDelete