Friday, October 22, 2010

"The Foreigner"

I auditioned for "The Foreigner" at the Hale Center Theatre in Orem. It's being directed by Laurie Harrop-Purser and promises to be a great opening show for the 2011 Season. And I want to be in it! I love the characters. They are perfect for me. For my audition I did a British-accent monologue from the film "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World". And... I didn't do so well with it. I was pretty stiff (which kind of works if you are British) and I FORGOT SOME LINES! Ugh! That hasn't happened to me during an audition in a long time. I didn't miss a beat and kept going, but it really shook me up.

Fortunately, the next day I got called back! Hooray! After a very successful opening performance for "Uncle Vanya" (more on that later) I rushed up to Orem for call-backs. I was called for Charlie and Froggy and read mostly for Charlie. It went really, really well! I felt great! It was a very competitive call-back though and it will be tough. I heard that the director wants to single-cast the show which further decreases my chances of being cast. I'm still hopeful! I would love to do this show. I need the experience. I need the money. I need the networking and connections that would come from it. It would be an all-around awesome experience. I just hope I did all I could to get it. It's now out of my hands. And so I wait.

1 comment:

  1. Laurie Harrop-Purser is my favorite. Keep auditioning for her. You'll get a role.

    ReplyDelete