Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"Macbeth"

Recently I also auditioned for the Utah Shakespeare Festival's school tour. Christopher Clark is directing it and it looked to be a wonderful experience. I would get paid and housed for from January to April while touring schools and communities in Idaho, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. My audition felt really good. I did my monologue from "Twelfth Night" that I used for grad school auditions in February, and I did a monologue from "King Richard II" that I have used before. Both went really well. I had a wonderful conversation with the director, Chris, and with the producer/artistic director, Michael. Both seemed to really like me and the conversation flowed quite nicely. However, it doesn't look like I got the part. They are only casting 5 men and 2 women to play all the parts and I know of one of my good friends who has been cast as Lady Macbeth. She heard over a week ago, so that's a pretty good indicator that I didn't get that part. Oh, well. We keep trying. That's how it goes in this business.

No comments:

Post a Comment